7th November 2019
BRAIN INJURY CONFERENCE
Marriott Royal Hotel, College Green, Bristol
Nestor are delighted to be sponsoring the 2019 brain injury conference. The conference aims to raise funds for Headway UK and will feature a range of talks from experts and practitioners highly experienced in the field of brain injury work. Jack Rutter, Former Team GB Paralympian and Headway Ambassador will open the event and provide an enlightening talk about the work Headway does, and tell his story.
Discussing the frontal lobes of the brain, rehabilitation in cases of executive dysfunction and the highly topical matter of discount rates, our panel of guest speakers will ensure that this seminar provides delegates with some of the very best expert views on a number of complex issues. Our carefully selected expert sessions will be complemented with a number of legal updates from expert counsel at St John’s Chambers including a lively legal debate featuring Christopher Sharp QC, and a choice of afternoon break-out sessions.
A full programme will be available soon.
- The frontal lobes of the brain – important, complex and vulnerable
Dr Richard Kerr BSc MB BS MS FRCS, Neurosurgeon
- Risk and reward in rehabilitation of executive dysfunction
Proffessor Andrew Worthington, Director/Consultant in Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation
- Discount rates and disability-adjusted reduction factors
Professor Victoria Wass Labour Economist
- Frontal Lobe Paradox – a clinician’s casebook
Dr Tracey Ryan-Morgan, Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist & Clinical Director of Talis Consulting Limited
- Live legal debate
Christopher Sharp QC and Andrew McLaughin, Barristers, St John’s Chambers
- Discount rates and investment returns; the pressure on lump sums
Jennifer Stone, Independent Financial Advisor, Nestor
- Legal updates, and a choice of workshops from St John’s Personal Injury team