The second in a series of standalone specialist training days in 2016 from brain injury experts.
9.30 am – 4.15 pm
7 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4BS
Child seats, seatbelts and brain injury
- How investigations are conducted into whether seat belts were worn when raised by Defendants in relation to contributory negligence.
- How investigations are conducted into whether child seats were properly installed and compliant with standards.
- Latest developments and research.
Road traffic accident investigations and reconstruction
- What is involved in investigations and reconstructions.
- Key issues around brain injuries – speed, throw distances, bulls eyes on windscreens.
- When to use a road traffic reconstruction expert.
Neurological music therapy (NMT)
- How NMT assessments can be used to diagnose, assess responses, engagement and ongoing care needs.
- Practical examples showing effectiveness with clients with cognitive, motor, communication and emotional or behavioural needs.
- Recent neurosciences insights into the way a brain processes music plus functional and psychological advantages to using music in rehabilitation.
A better understanding of levels of care and support in care packages
- Likely areas of dispute between Claimants’ experts and Defendants’ experts
- Guidance on appropriate rates to apply
- What publically funded assistance is available
Brain injury in sports, including concussion and rehab
- What can be done to prevent or reduce incidents.
- When there might be negligence and against whom.