Discount Rates Seminar
Monday 27 March, 1.30 pm – 5.00 pm
7 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4BS
The Lord Chancellor recently announced that the interest rate used in the calculation of damage awards to those suffering life changing injuries has been reduced from 2.5 per cent to minus 0.75 per cent. In addition, a further consultation process has now started to determine whether this new rate is correct, which could see the rate change again, in six to twelve months’ time.
On Monday 27 March we will be holding a half day seminar in London, to discuss how this announcement will affect current cases, the impact on housing claims, and the advantages of lump sum v periodical payments.
- Change in the discount rate
- Rationale for discount rate
- The plans for the future
- Implications for cases listed for trial in the immediate future
- What to do about settlements
- Children’s cases
- Housing claims
- Other strange consequences of the multiplier
- Tactics, practicalities and how to proceed
- Advantages (short term and long term) of lump sum v periodical payments
To book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to change the programme, due to speaker availability.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
Brain Injury Group member firms qualify for ONE free place.
All other delegates £50 + VAT
Price includes refreshments. Course materials will be available to download.
Training hours: 2.5
For more information, email email@example.com
- Terms and Conditions
Confirmation of booking: Confirmation will be sent by email along with an invoice for payment (if applicable) which is due for payment within 14 days of receipt or prior to the event, whichever is soonest. Joining instructions will be issued approximately 10 days in advance of the event.
Indemnity: It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to alter the content and timing of the event, or to cancel it if absolutely necessary and issue a full refund. The Brain Injury Group accepts no liability if, for whatever reason, the event does not take place.
- Cancellations, substitutions and refunds: Cancellations must be received in writing. A refund of the training fee (less an administration charge of £25) will be made if cancellation is at least 4 weeks before the event. No refunds will be given for cancellations notified after this period, and full payment will still be due irrespective of when the booking was made. No refunds will be made for failure to attend. Substitution of delegates can be made without charge at any time by giving us written notice.
- Contract: This booking constitutes a legally binding contract. The delegate and employer are jointly and severally liable for payment of all the fees due. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Brain Injury Group not its presents will be liable by reason of breach of contract, negligence of otherwise for any loss or consequential loss occasioned by any person acting, omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance upon the course material or presentation of the event.
- Data protection: We may periodically contact you with details of programmes, services and publications that may be of interest to you. We ma also pass your details to the event sponsor and exhibitors. If you do NOT wish to receive marketing materials from Brain Injury Group, this events sponsors or exhibitors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Photographs may be taken at this event and used in future publications by the Brain Injury Group. If you do NOT consent to your photograph being used, please email email@example.com